Wednesday, February 02, 2005

My friends - Part I

Friends are Gods greatest gifts to a man. (A woman as well). I am very thankful to God for having given me a great set of friends, and I would like to express my thoughts about each one of them whenever I get time. I will start this off with the guy who is my roommate and has been one of my closest friends for the past five years. I plan to write about every one of my friends as and when time permits. These blogs are in no particular order (so if I have not yet written about you (in case u are my friend and are reading this), it does not mean that I don't like you :)... it just means that I am writing something so good about you that it is taking time to frame the words. I am unable to express in words my feelings :) )

Here goes my list:

Actual Name : Sankaranarayanan Veeralekshmi Kumaresan (quite a long one)

We prefer to call him : Murukku, Mumu

Physical Description : Medium height, dark, not handsome :) and a smile that will put one
on your face as well. A slowly receeding hairline adds to his smartness. Probably
indicates his ever increasing knowledge.

Good at : Table tennis, Frisball, Fielding, Analytical skills, making an airplane if given
the right instruments, being very patient with all his friends as well as people who
normally irritate the likes of me :) , being adjustive, modest , winning challenges,
pushing himself to the limit to win something when he badly wants to, accepting flaws and
dishing out flaws in others as well, cooking (only when it comes to chapathis and
sambhar), keeping the room clean. In short, the best catch for a female looking for a
partner to take care of everything for her.

Bad at : Nothing much to add here. Maybe being too good is his flaw. Loses a lot of
arguments with me though :) , but what to do, I am so good at that.

Religious : "Ya there is a God. But whats the big deal even if he's not there. Things that will happen will happen. Do your duty and don't bother about Him"

My friendship with him : People call him my wife (which he refuses very strongly). It dates back to my second year at college when he was next to my
backie. We both did a project together (a Card Game) that brought us very close to each
other. It was then that I learned that people like him can exist...one who is so caring
for those next to him and one who never gives up on his friends. Was very touched by the
mannerisms of him and his fellow friends, whose details I will be soon giving one by one.
To be frank, all my life, I had never learned to live like them until I met them. I had
met many people who were naturally selfish or were too innocent that they did not know
they were being fooled. But for the first time I met him and his gang of friends who knew
the world around them and yet were so adjustive. One example of their friendly and
unselfish mannerisms is this : When they learn something new , they teach it to their
friends, be it a subject matter which will come in the next days exam, or be it anything
from daily life which could be done in an easier fashion. Another good example of their
inherent good nature is, they NEVER eat without all of them getting together. All of them
wait until they all arrive from their respective classes and then go to lunch/dinner together. I
learned many more such things from him.

After that project, we were together in all the courses and projects that we did. He was a
member of the Art and Decoration department and went on to become the leader of that
department as well for a festival called Apogee (I think it was in the year 2002). I used
to tease him that he spends very less time with his wingies, and that he spent more time
with Art'n'dee dept. Normally a person would not give this sort of teasing a second
thought ,but he was so understanding that he did decide to spend more time in the wing as
well as with his department members. This is another one of his good quality. He has time
for everyone. He knows so many people and yet, gives them all his time in equal
proportions and never ignores anyone. To him all are equal.

He is the one who taught me how to play table tennis, though I guess I have become the
disciple who beats his teacher :) (dont tell to him that I told this). Used to spend a lot
of time playing carrom board with him (my forte, and he used to do pretty decently as well), and table tennis. A very good athlete, can outlast almost all my friends (except a couple), in a test of Stamina. I used to beat him in Arm Wrestling, but off late I dont know what he has been eating, that he manages to beat me in it. Gotto get back to working out.

He is a tee-totaller, and does not smoke as well. Not sure if he's a virgin...but mostly is one, because I dont see how he could have managed to get a girl that too before I managed to get one. A kishore kumar fan who knows nothing about melody, please donot ask him to sing (atleast when I am around).

He is one of the few persons in this world of whom I have been jealous of for certain aspects. I rarely, very rarely accept that there are persons from whom I can learn something, and he is one such guy. A person who I respect to the greatest extent possible. All I can say is I am sure his parents should be very proud of a boy like him. It is one of Gods greatest gifts to me to have given a friend like him. Proud to be your friend mumu, if you're reading this.

--- will be adding a lot here slowly...

1 comment:

Murukku said...

Dei
Isnt that too much of a thing to be written. Well I disagree to a lot of that. Dei, please remove that Mumu funda from that. Not many people from college know the expansion of this :-)
It is not a true expansion. Had it not been Aravinds mischief, I would not have got that name.

Anyways, thanks for such a big blog on me. If possible give this link to some good looking girl so that I can then have a chance of settling in ;)